Electricity market: average electricity price in the non-regulated market in the third quarter of 2022 was over 566 PLN/MWh
In the third quarter of 2022, the average selling price of electricity on the non-regulated market was over 566 PLN/MWh At the same time, the average price of electricity sold by generators under bilateral (OTC) contracts exceeded PLN 615/MWh.
Figure 1. Average electricity price in the non-regulated market between Q3 2020 and Q2 2022, expressed in PLN/MWh
- The average electricity price on the non-regulated market includes electricity sales (volume and value of electricity sold) by generators and trading companies in the non-regulated segments of the domestic wholesale electricity market (i.e. to trading companies under bilateral contracts and through power exchanges (TGE EPEX, SPOT SE and NORD POOL).
- The calculation of the average does not take into account electricity sales to the balancing market (due to its technical nature).
- In the case of vertically consolidated groups, volume of electricity sales and the value of sales to trading companies outside the group and to the power exchange were taken into account for the price calculation.
- For more data on average prices and indices calculated and published by the President of URE, see the following section (available in Polish only): Electricity / Prices AND indicators
- Information on average prices for Q3 2022 can be found in the Communication of the President of URE No 62/2022.
 In case of vertically consolidated groups, sales to trading companies outside the group are taken into account.